Gecko Canoeing is committed to protecting the personal privacy of our customers, and observes the National Privacy Principles pursuant to the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988.
Personal information about our customers, including your name, address, telephone number, credit card number and other personal details will be handled appropriately, and you may contact us at any time to request details about what information we hold, or to request it to be changed or deleted.
• Will only collect the personal information about a customer that we need to do business with the customer. This will usually be a name, address, contact telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number, contact details and purchasing information.
• Does not sell or rent personal information about our customers, including names, addresses and telephone numbers, to any outside person or organisation
How and why does Gecko Canoeing collect and use personal information?
Gecko Canoeing does not collect personal information unless it is necessary for us to carry out our functions and activities as a tour operator. We only collect such information by lawful and fair means and in an unobtrusive way.
We will let you know:
• When we collect information about you; and
• What information we collect and hold about you and why we collect such information; and
• How that information is used by us and any other entities that the information would usually be disclosed to; and
• If the law requires the collection of such information; and
• The consequences, if any, of you not disclosing such information; and
• That you can access such information and how you can access such information; and
• How you can correct such information if it is not correct.
Where the details provided are about a third party, we will inform the third party as to how we received their details.
Cookies: As is the case with many websites, we automatically receive and record information on our Internet Server logs from your Internet browser including your Internet Provider address and cookie information. “Cookies” are small files that your web browser places on your computer’s hard drive and which enable us to monitor your use of our website. This assists us to develop the site further based on our customers’ use of it. The cookies do not allow us to gather any personal information that would identify you or your e-mail address. You have the option of setting your web browser to reject cookies, however this may impact negatively on your experience of this website.
Links to other sites: This site may from time to time contain links to other websites. Gecko Canoeing is not responsible for the privacy practices nor the content of any linked website. You should be aware that you must read the Privacy Statement related to that site. Gecko Canoeing Privacy Statement relates only to the Gecko Canoeing website.
Disclosure of personal information: We will use and disclose your personal information for the primary purposes of our business as a retailer to facilitate your purchase or in providing the service you have requested, where you consent to such disclosure, or where such disclosure is permitted by the Privacy Act.
The personal information you provide will not be disclosed to any organisation, except:
• As required or authorised by law.
Any third party to whom this information is disclosed will only be able to utilise the information for the sole purpose of enabling the third party to manage and host Gecko Canoeing’s website, to fulfil and effect delivery of your purchase, and to ensure the accuracy and validity of Gecko Canoeing records as well as the proper accounting of the same. The disclosure enables Gecko Canoeing to retail to you over the Internet.
We will not otherwise provide your personal information to a third party without your approval except in cases required or authorised by law.
Gecko Canoeing Privacy Complaint Process: If you are concerned with the way Gecko Canoeing has handled your personal information, please contact us via email. If we have not handled your personal information in an appropriate way we will take steps to remedy your concerns promptly.
If you are still concerned, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner (see below).
How can you access your personal information? Gecko Canoeing will reasonably attempt to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up to date, and complete. To assist us to do this please provide us with the correct information and inform us if there is any change in your details.
Please contact us if you would like access to the personal information that we hold about you, if you would like to update it, or if you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate. To protect your privacy and security we may need to take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
• If you have any other inquiry about our privacy policies or procedures, or if you have a query or concern about a privacy matter, please contact us by e-mail.
More information: More information about Australia’s Privacy Law and the National Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website.